Our Lunch and Learn guest speaker was Janet Camilleri, aka Middleaged Mama, who shared her journey to become a full time blogger and give us tips on how you can use a blog to boost your business.
You can find out more about her at https://www.middleagedmama.com.au
Blogging for Business
Janet highlighted the importance of blogging to boost your business:
- – fresh content for google and a better looking website
- – people buy from people they know, like and trust.
- – Blogging helps you create a brand.
- – SEO is a doorway to new customers
- – good return on investment, both short term and long term
- – good reach to your target audience
Even though blogging can be time consuming, the benefits are far-reaching. Janet’s top tips are:
- be yourself
- internally filter your posts – “is this something your husband would be comfortable reading?”
- do more of what works for you
- quality over quantity
- write as ‘we’ for business and “I” for brand
- VLOG if it suits your target audience
There is no secret formula when it comes to a successful blog, but using clever SEO, you can boost your business and build your brand.
SEO strategies to get your post on the front page of google
- TECH *https:// update
- mobile friendly
- safety certificate
- loads quickly
- Onsite Optimisation
- Content – what are your customers constantly asking you?
- Keyword – what are people typing into the search bar?
- Offsite Optimisation
- Building backlinks
- Work with me
- Free internet directories
Janet makes a living doing what she loves. Here are her top tips for making money by blogging:
- – Write web content for other people
- – Sponsored blog posts
- – Paid Social Media Posts
- – Ads
- – Affiliate Marketing
- – Workshops
- – Brand Ambassador/Influencer
If you would like to join the Boss Lady Club and attend one of our Lunch and Learn sessions, follow the link and let us help you make a living doing what you love.
Join Here: https://www.facebook.com/bossladyclubredlands/